Our history

Solicitors London

Carter Lemon Camerons is based in the City of London, in offices at 10 Aldersgate, close to St Paul’s Cathedral and the Museum of London.

Our firm began life in Kingston upon Thames in 1915 as George C. Carter & Co., named after its founder George Copplestone Carter. We moved to London in 1959 and to our current offices in 2007.

In 1989, the Mayfair practice of Lemon & Partners joined us and we became Carter Lemon. The London partners of Camerons joined Carter Lemon in 2000 and Carter Lemon Camerons was born.

Carter Lemon Camerons became an LLP in 2008 and a year later joined forces with Metson Cross, enabling us to provide a greater breadth of legal services in both commercial and private client fields.

For more information on Carter Lemon Camerons solicitors in the City of London, please contact us.