Prod qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 1999 and is a Senior Associate in our property team and Carter Lemon Camerons’ foremost residential conveyancer. He joined the firm in 2008, bringing with him a substantial client base from the North London area – where he previously worked for over 15 years.
He has considerable expertise in residential and commercial conveyancing and landlord and tenant matters, handling sales, purchases, mortgages, lease and tenancy grants, assignments, renewals and variations, collective enfranchisement and lease extensions, guarantees, bridging finance and secured lending.
Prod is known and trusted by clients for his exceptional understanding of property matters. He represents property investors, developers, landlords, managing agents, lettings agents, surveyors and residents’ associations.
Prod is retained by an overseas private bank to act on secured lending on high-value Central London and West End residential properties.
Prod is also retained as legal counsel to a number of Christian charity organisations advising them and their associated churches on charity law and the duties and responsibilities of charitable trustees. His church work includes all types of property transactions from buying and selling manses and granting commercial leases and licenses of church space to handling complicated redevelopments of church land and properties.
- Advising church trustees on a multi-million pound church relocation and redevelopment project to create a new church and school with several high value flats, including the negotiation of multi-party development documentation and advice on charity law procedure.
- Representing over 30 leaseholders on a proposed collective enfranchisement of a freehold residential block in Queensway;
- Successfully organising a collective approach by a number of leaseholders in the same block for lease extensions to their respective flats under the 1993 Act;
- Acting on the purchase of a multi-million pound property by acquiring ownership of shares in the selling company; dealing with first registration of agricultural land affected by a number of rights, settlements and trusts created over a number of years;
- Successfully completing a high-value purchase transaction within 10 days of receipt of papers;
- Successfully bringing a claim to preserve and uphold a right of way thought to have extinguished many years earlier;
- Representing a leading mobile telecommunications operator in connection with acquisitions, renewals and transfers of mobile masts; and
- Acting for one of the largest private property investment groups in the UK in connection with the grant, renewal and surrender of commercial leases.
Prod was born in North London to Greek Cypriot parents and enjoys close links to the local and overseas Greek and Greek Cypriot community. He speaks the Greek language reasonably well.
Despite his youthful looks, Prod has vast experience in his areas of practice, gained in a career of over 26 years. He is a firm believer in a non-nonsense approach to his work and the importance of using plain English when dealing with clients, professionals and others.
Outside the office, Prod is a devoted husband and father to two young boys. He is a member of the governing committee of his local Greek Language School, with responsibility for over 200 pupils aged between 4 and 17 years. He is also active in his local Orthodox Christian Church.
Prod enjoys DIY and believes he is really good at it, having helped renovate five houses over the years. He is also a keen gardener and boasts to have a garden with the best figs, grapes and olives around. In contrast to his quiet appearance, Prod is an avid sports-bike enthusiast and enjoys a daily commute to work on his cherished motorbike, dressed in full leathers.