Prod is a partner in the firm’s property department specialising in commercial and residential property transactions.
Prod qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 1999. He joined the firm in 2008, bringing with him a substantial client base from the North London area, where he had previously worked for over 15 years.
Prod has considerable experience in residential and commercial conveyancing and landlord and tenant matters. His property work includes buying and selling of freehold, leasehold and new-build properties; granting and taking commercial and residential leases and tenancies; handling collective enfranchisement and lease extensions; property gifts and transfers; advising on defective titles, co-ownership arrangements and personal guarantees.
Prod has vast experience in dealing with regular mortgages and re-mortgages for homeowners as well as secured lending against high-value Central London and West End residential properties for private banks. He also acts for UK based private lenders providing short-term loans and development finance on properties and development sites across the country.
Prod is retained as legal counsel to a number of Christian charity organisations advising them and their associated churches on charity law and the duties and responsibilities of charitable trustees. His church work includes handling all types of property transactions on behalf of churches located in and around the Greater London area, including the purchase and sale of chapels and manses, granting and taking leases and licenses and dealing with re-developments of church land and properties.
Prod represents a wide spectrum of clients including domestic and overseas investors; developers; landlords; managing & lettings agents; surveyors; charity associations and church trustees; domestic and overseas lenders; management companies and residents’ associations; as well as a loyal following of individuals and families going back many years.
Prod is known and trusted by clients for his warm, friendly and approachable manner; for the speed and efficiency of his handling of their instructions; and for his exceptional understanding of property related matters. He is a firm believer in a non-nonsense approach to his work and the importance of using plain English when dealing with clients, professionals and others.
- Representing church trustees on a multi-million pound church relocation and redevelopment project to create a new place of worship and Christian faith school;
- Representing 30 leaseholders on a collective enfranchisement of a freehold residential block;
- Acting for a number of leaseholders in the same block on individual lease extensions to their respective flats under the 1993 Act;
- Acting on the purchase of a multi-million pound property by acquiring ownership of shares in the selling company;
- Achieving first registration of agricultural land affected by a number of rights, settlements and trusts created over a number of years;
- Completing a high-value purchase transaction within 10 days of receipt of papers;
- Successfully bringing a claim to preserve and uphold a right of way thought to have extinguished many years earlier;
- Acting for one of the largest private property investment groups in the UK in connection with the grant, renewal and surrender of commercial leases;
Prod enjoys close links to the local and overseas Greek and Greek Cypriot community and speaks the Greek language reasonably well.
Outside the office, Prod is a devoted husband and father of two, with particular specialism in home learning; chauffeuring; toy repair; football cheerleading; and sibling dispute resolution. He is a member of the governing committee of his local Greek language school, with responsibility for over 200 pupils aged between 4 and 17 years. He is also active in his local Orthodox Christian Church.
Prod enjoys DIY and believes he is really good at it, having helped renovate six properties over the years. He is also a keen gardener and boasts to have a garden worthy of entry in a well-known flower show.
In contrast to his exceptionally smart appearance (dressed always in a three-piece suit) Prod is an avid sports-bike enthusiast and enjoys a daily commute to and from work on his cherished motorbike, dressed in full leathers.