Having built an expertise and understanding on the intricacies of the NHS, we want to share it with you when you set up your healthcare project so that the legal implications are clearly understood. We know good contracts avoid misunderstandings and foster firm relationships.
GP contracts are an important part of the NHS primary healthcare framework. The healthcare team advises on the setting up of joint ventures to take on to provide Additional Services under existing GMS/PMS contracts or an APMS contract from the local PCO.
For Any Willing Provider
We advise GPs and other healthcare providers so that they fully understand the implications of primary healthcare contracts and we negotiate terms which are not prescribed as it is vital that the contract is properly performed once it becomes effective.
For NHS bodies
Acting for NHS trusts, Carter Lemon Camerons advises on their statutory powers and obligations. This has included advising a Board in making of grants to commercial organisations and charities, and working in partnership with the private sector.
Meet the team
Andrew Firman is a partner in our corporate & commercial team. His employment practice covers both contentious and non-contentious work for both employers and employees. His corporate and banking practice concentrates on contractual and advice work given mainly to SMEs and charities.
In his work, Andrew looks for proactive and pragmatic solutions derived from a proper understanding of the client’s perspective and against the background of the commercial constraints.
Career highlights include
- running a David v Goliath style battle for a former employee of a US based bank related to the late vesting of share options following that employee’s termination at a time when the US markets were in freefall
- negotiating, finalising and drawing down for an off-shore SPV borrower at £310M facility to buy a group of companies which owned, as an investment, the London HQ of a multinational corporation
More recently, Andrew has advised upon
- the sale of a leading clinician–led healthcare consulting and IT services group to a global technology and services company specialising in the healthcare field
- the restructuring and relocation of a nutritional supplements business within the UK
- settlement of a long running shareholders dispute concerning a company running a niche members’ gym in a close knit area of London
- finalisation of the UK legal aspects to a cross border merger with an Italian company
- the negotiation of departure terms for the CEO of a leading interdealer broker
Andrew has over the years enjoyed advising many owner-managed SMEs on the range of their needs for commercial, employment and dispute related legal advice. He is delighted that the firm has recently received recognition through the award by Acquisitions International of “UK Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year to SMEs 2013” because it goes to the depth of the relationships the firm has with its clients and its target market in terms of size of business clients.
Andrew was educated at Nailsea School and holds degrees in law from Manchester and Leicester Universities. He qualified as a solicitor in 1995. He is a co-author of a Practical Guide to Drone Law.
Away from the office Andrew, married to a local GP and of occasional use to his three teenage children, runs and is heavily involved in his local church.