James joined Carter Lemon Camerons in 2009 and works in the Commercial Property team on a variety of Real Estate and related Corporate transactions with a particular focus on Real Estate Development and Development Finance.
- ‘Off-plan’ purchase of flagship office buildings to be constructed as part of a large-scale urban redevelopment – value circa £25m.
- Acting on the purchase and financing of several town-centre development sites in the South-East for the construction of between 25 and 102 residential units.
- Acting on corporate purchases of ‘enveloped’ properties both for investment and development.
- Significant experience on acting for both borrowers and lenders in relation to both commercial and residential development, bridging and mezzanine finance in relation to sites from 2 to 100+ units.
- Acting on a large portfolio refinancing for a commercial property investor involving a wide variety of properties all over the Country.
- Advising property developers on development opportunities and land acquisitions throughout the life of a project: from the taking of options over sites, through to the eventual unit sales and commercial pre-lets.
- Advising on lease transactions involving retail, industrial and warehouse properties.
- Advising on joint ventures, share buy-outs and buy-ins and investment structures; mostly for South African based investors.
James recently spent several years on the board of a Commercial Real Estate investment group in a non-executive capacity and then subsequently a year during which he split his time between legal work at Carter Lemon Camerons and an executive position at the group where he played a major role in the planning, negotiation and execution of a sale of the portfolio to a large pension fund.
Away from the office James’ main passion is travel (usually by motorcycle). He has explored most of Western Europe on his bike and his most exciting trip was a 20,000 mile journey from Argentina to Alaska. He also enjoys (watching) sport and spending time with his young family.